TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Wait a second… YOU are the rain guard guy
People Seeking Info

Subject Wait a second… YOU are the rain guard guy

Posted by Zbullet on October 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM
  This message has been viewed 454 times.

In Reply To Reading comprehension owns you. posted by TriniTT on October 13, 2014 at 08:49 AM

Message How ironic that you'd be giving someone a hard time for trying something new.

Keeping this on track - Well done zxtuner161. Keep up the good work.

Hopefully you don't POP the motor any time soon but as that stock block is pushed to the limits eventually you'll cross the line and it'll go. It's all part of testing the limits of a new set-up. In the name of Z knowledge I kinda hope you do push it until it pops. What better way to learn the limit of your set-up.

The best part is that it's a stock block that can be swapped out over a weekend - probably 1 day with the OP's knowledge & experience - and probably for a a grand total cost of <$500.

Given that his car appears to be (mainly) a track vehicle, I'd say that's pretty desirable. Even a $15,000 IPP motor will eventually wear as a result of abuse at the track. I'm pretty sure there's a recent post with a guy showing his valve wear on an IPP build with Ferrea valves. Which repair bill would you rather pay?

I just wish we had ETHANOL up here. Its unlikely that the "UP TO 10% blend" in our 94 Octane would have the benefits of lower combustion heat that is seen in an E85. Sad thing is I've been to several ethanol plants all within a 2 hour drive - there are simply no retail outlets.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.